Also, websites are meant to stay for the next decades, so as long as you are growing you will be relevant in this area.
What’s amazing is that you can learn web development on your own.
The steps described here have been achieved and proven over the years by many expert web developers, you can be one through the following. Show table of contents
Before starting the steps, it is important that you understand the following:
Who is Web Developer?
Based on the process of web development, a web developer is a programmer who builds web-based applications to access via the Internet. These websites and applications have specific features and functions that Dev is responsible for creating through his programming skills.
Web development consists of 2 major segments; As an aspiring web developer, you can choose to specialize in any section.
- The frontend web developer is responsible for the layout, features and construction of a website. This role is also called client-side developer.
- The backend web developer is responsible for building the driving system of a website . They are responsible for building the best framework that allows data to be easily transferred from a web server to a web browser – as viewed by users.
Honestly, no offense combines both roles, being an expert in both frontend and backend development, only that you have to learn a lot. People who are skilled in front-end and back-end web development are called full-stack developers – they are highly respected and well paid. Deciding on the specification is important as you will see in the upcoming sections.
So, how would we define an ideal web developer?
Web Developer Mastery
For those aspiring for a career in development, there are many aspects to consider. First of all, you need a passion for writing code. The web moves fast, and running with it will be a big part of your job. As time goes by, you will have to learn new languages and put hands on new equipment.
To succeed in computer science, problem-solving skills are very important, as well as logical, rational thinking. Patience and ability to keep your head cool are also two things that will help you a lot in your future job.
Obviously, to become a web developer, you have to be interested in writing code. The programming language is at the core of a website, every website solution you create will be written with programming languages like Java, etc.
If you have not written the code before, it is quite easy to learn the basics. There are great resources online for beginners to learn coding – where you will learn step by step to become a great programmer.
To be an ideal front-end web developer, you need to learn the following languages and related tools:
HTML & CSS
This is not a programming language, nor CSS, but a markup tool used to design web pages and user interfaces. HTML is a hypertext markup language(HTML) that structures the content and layout of a web page and CSS controls its display. This is the very backbone of every website, so learning HTML is essential for those wishing to work in the field of front-end development.
Bootstrap is an open-source CSS framework, which provides a foundation for creating mobile-first, responsive websites. Since its creation in 2011, its popularity has never been increasing. Bootstrap now empowers millions of websites. As the most popular CSS framework, it is imperative that you learn to use it comfortably once with HTML and CSS.
These programming languages are updated regularly, so be sure to learn them based on the most recent version available.
Similarly, the right back-end web developer should be proficient in the following programming languages:
PHP is a server-side language created in the 1990s. It is the most commonly used coding language when it comes to creating web pages. The back-end web developer must have sufficient PHP skills to get a job in the tech business.
MySQL is an independent and open-source database, widely used to store data displayed on websites. You should learn the SQL language, as well as database management, through both the SSH and PHPMyAdmin tools.
Java is a general-purpose, object-oriented language that often competes with PHP. Learning Java is important for your career due to the demand of Java recruiters in web and software fields. Java is also used in android app development.
Ruby is an interpretive, high-level, general-purpose programming language created in Japan. It is no less popular than PHP or Java, but is still widely used to create web pages and apps.
Note that some of these programming languages play the same role, so it is not necessary to learn all of them.
Every successful coder has gone through the following process carefully which I have curated for you to follow.
Here it is…
7 steps to become a professional web developer
- Choose a feature . As stated earlier, you can choose frontend web development or backend development and become an expert. If you want to become a full stack developer, you should start from the frontend.
- Acquire required programming language skills . Each web development specialty has essential programming languages that you should learn. This is highlighted above.
- Go to smaller projects and build your online portfolio . You need to start small, take small projects, complete them and move towards the big ones. There is no need to hurry, large and complex websites are built on simple principles, which you will encounter in these small projects. As soon as you have learned some skills, go ahead and create a web page that features your work and experience. You should also use social media, as sites like Facebook and Twitter make it easy to show your skills, meet other coders and find projects to work on.
- Be very patient in testing and debugging . After writing those codes, be sure to test them. Also, as you debug the code, do it patiently so that you don’t repeat errors while moving on to larger projects.
- Join and chat in a web developers forum . An active web developers community is good for you. You learn from the errors of others, watch the actions of others, become aware of important updates and many other benefits. Social media sites and your favorite search engine are also great for staying updated with the latest news.
- Learn from other websites . Seeing websites that you find attractive is a good way to become a professional. You can incorporate your code into your projects to help you learn faster.
- Success mantra is Practice! Practice !! Practice !!! Every successful website has time for training and practice. You get better with repetition.
Finding web developer jobs
As the demand for websites and apps is high, there is a lot of work for coders. Here are some tips specifically for beginners looking for jobs:
- Be sure to demonstrate your skills and experience: If you specialize in a coding language, be sure to create your own programming blog and social media pages where you can show what you are capable of creating. You will be surprised how many people can come forward to invite you to work for them.
- Use Job Boards and Freelance Sites : Many websites specialize in keeping clients and developers in relation. This is the case for freelance sites such as refractors and many job boards. Please note that small, skill-specific sites usually provide the best opportunities for junior developers to start their careers. For example, WordPress developers can easily find jobs and projects at jobs.wordpress.net.
- Ask people you know : Do you have a friend who has just started as a real estate agent? Does your uncle have his own business? If yes, then there is a strong chance that they will need web development services. Offer them a competitive rate, do your best work, and use the result as a way to impress recruiters and find more work.
We provide you a wonderful course on Web Development, you can get it by clicking on below Get Course button.